This is so easy it hurts. You just gotta know where to look for stuff! After checking out Jay International Grocery in downtown St. Louis, I found loads of stuff that had me longing for Singapore, so in honor of their recent national day (this past Friday) I'm shaking up some frozen Milo Dino's with the addition of tapioca pearls.
For those who don't know, Milo is an absolute staple of the Singaporean diet, and I learned to love it within two weeks of living there (considering I had it spilled on my shirt every single day of sixth grade for unknown reason). It's chocolatey mineraly (arguably?) healthy stuff that you can put on ice cream, mix with water or milk, iced or warm, and it'll be fantastic. Here's what I did:
- Throw some ice in a blender
- Pour vanilla almond (or vanilla soy) milk to about 1/2 of the way up the blending pitcher
- Dump in as much milo as you want
- Blend it up
- Put two spoonfulls of tapioca pearls at the bottom of two glasses
- Pour blended Milo Dino into each glass
- Sprinkle unmixed Milo powder on top à la true Milo Dino tradition
Tada! A truly Singaporean treat, lah. Drink to your heart's content and imagine hawker stalls full of yelling and the pleasant scent of Durian drifting through your nasal passages.
Font used in first image is called LoveLove created by Elsie Larson of ABeautifulMess