Sunday 19 May 2013

Sweet Air Highs


I'm happier than I have been in a long time today--getting home at 4 o'clock with the sun still out, eating some steamy rice then jumping out on the trampoline for a good twenty minutes. My back's pink from the sun but I'm out there bouncing, humming. This place...I'll miss it.  This wall of green to my left, where lizards creep and butterflies flit-flit, this impeccable, impossible sky. Air that suffocates me. But it's summer, a word that isn't all that appealing when repeated too many times. Repeat it, "summer. summer. summer. summer." and it sounds too heavy, like a summoning, not a relinquishing. But this is what it is, and I'm high off of the sweet air I'm gasping for as I jump further and further into the sky, momentarily hanging in the air I crave. I feel aqua blue and hot pink, clear and sparkling. Magical. Happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts?